Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Day Personal Best

Christmas Day Personal Best
12/25/13


     After eating plenty of tasty ham, mashed sweet potatoes, turkey, and other holiday goodies Kari and I decided to hit the ice in northern Utah for an evening of relaxation and hopefully some pullage.  We arrived at about 2:00 o'clock and began fishing thirty minutes or so after.  The recent snow had melted from the surface of the lake and refroze which made for some really tough walking out for my girlfriend. Luckily, Santa bought me a set of crampons for Christmas (Thanks Hun!).  

      Once the holes were drilled and lines were in the fun began!  Kari initially chose to sit and soak up the sun while reading a new book.  After watching me bring several gills and perch on the deck she got the itch and picked up the rod. She didn't have much trouble finding a couple of her own and before I knew it she was making me look like the amateur.  While dancing to Miley Cyrus or some other hideous genre of music she managed to pull her new personal best rainbow out onto the deck.  

     After an hour or two more of consistent catching I was able to wrestle my new personal best yellow perch onto the deck.

      As the sun dipped further behind the mountains the bite slowed and the fingers got stiffer.  We packed everything up and called this Christmas catch-athon a wrap and made our way back to the car.  Since Kari had been slipping all over the place all day it only seemed right to let her ride back on the sled.


The trout went about 15" and the perch was just shy of 12" topping my previous best by 0.5".   I also managed to land my first Utah largemouth.


Keep it simple, keep castin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment