Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Friends, Fins, and Cold Beer...

Friends, Fins, and Cold Beer...


... and maybe some whiskey and grilled chicken. 

Camping is merely a good excuse to explore beautiful places.  Since I first moved to Utah I continuously read about Strawberry Reservoir.  Kokanee salmon, beautiful cutthroat trout and impressive scenery were the many mentioned items that drew me to the place.  Well, Strawberry Reservoir walks the talk.  



 The fishing wasn't exactly spectacular.  We trolled mostly using plugs, spinners and spoons.  I even spent some time casting but that wasn't very productive either.  The wind was incredibly rough at times. The highlight of the trip was putting my good friend and coworker on his first trout. 

He looks happy right?

After coming home from Strawberry I felt the need to get back out and fish a little.  I had swung and missed several times at Willard Bay but this time was a little different.  I ended up spending all day trolling for the infamous "wiper", or hybrids as we call them back East.  

With my co-pilot directing I was able to find a nice limit of convicts.  




Snag-hooked carp anyone?



No comments:

Post a Comment